Plastic Pollution

The Environmental Strain and How to Combat it?

Plastic has been one of the most prominently used materials for the packaging, distribution, and manufacturing of consumer and industrial goods since the massive industrial overhaul in India during the 1970s. Recent surveys have identified that India generates close to 35 lakh tonnes of plastic waste per year. The terrifying fact is that less than 40% of this plastic waste is directed toward recycling centers and the remaining 60% odd amount of plastic waste is disposed of in landfills or disposed of in water bodies like rivers, and lakes or burnt in soil pits.

The Lifeline of Plastic Waste

Plastic waste can be bifurcated into different types based on density,
composition, and utility. The different categories of plastic waste are –

Plastic is the most dangerous material for the environment because it takes roughly 20 years to 500 years for plastic to decompose. If not recycled, then plastic remains in the environment and is harmful to the living beings and flora/fauna in the ecosystem. The danger of plastic retaining in the ecosystem is that based on climate conditions and the nature of the plastic material, the plastic waste erodes into smaller, often undetectable nano plastics, which can make their way into our ecosystem. In recent years, traces of nano and microplastics have been discovered in remote areas of the Arctic Ocean and even within the lungs of several animals and placentas of unborn babies.

How does Wisebin plan to solve the Plastic Pollution crisis?

Wisebin’s goal is to create awareness amongst communities and businesses to not only segregate plastic waste but also recycle the same so that we can introduce the discarded materials into our upcycling process to convert the plastic into reusable pellets. Our goal is to make the Wisebin circular economy model a mainstream idea.

Wisebin will help different entities to keep accountability for the amount of plastic waste output and the recycling process for the waste so that it can be converted into finished goods. Through this method, instead of going to landfills, plastic waste is being ethically recycled into finished goods.

Wisebin uses blockchain technology to get real-time updates on the various waste touchpoints to our internal teams, buyers, regulatory authorities, and stakeholders involved. With an interactive tracking platform, we are able to generate summary reports comprising proof of material usage, the origin of the waste, and quantities generated and utilized in the final packaging.

Wisebin’s story so far

As of the year 2022, Wisebin has reached many milestones but the most notable are


Kgs of Waste

We have diverted more than 6,748,331 kgs of waste from landfills over 3

0 +


We currently work with 100+ brands that have adopted our services and the circular economy model.



We currently operate in 11 cities across India.


KGCO2E of Green House Gases

We have successfully offset 29,698,113 KGCO2E of Green House Gases (Carbon di Oxide, Methane, Nitrous Oxide, etc) from being released into the atmosphere.


Team Members

We directly employ 273 people and work with logistical partners who aremicro – entrepreneurs in the local community.

Wisebin’s Goal for an Eco-friendly future

Wisebin is a well-integrated waste management company that deals in recycling, and product manufacturing from recycled materials. We set out to make a difference in the industry by prioritizing ethical and sustainable practices in manufacturing sectors. We have to foster change and work for a sustainable future where we do not exploit the earth by overconsuming resources and polluting the planet. Rather we must understand the gravity of the situation and work towards reducing waste output and maximum conversion of waste into recycled goods.